1998 1.3 being a little odd - smashing
hello all,
well i managed (if anyone remembers my old thread) to get my heating fixed, which i managed to do half myself :D car has yet another niggle. so im driving along 30mph 4th gear and then suddenly goes funny (not hugely) its a bit like its reving and then letting up and then reving again. Its quite odd as it doesn't always do it and if it does it only does it at this speed and gear combo. Possible thoughts are the spark plugs oooooor something in the fuel line. Slight ticking noise as well coming near window screen wipers as well but thats intermittent too. any ideas???

thank you

adam

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/12/2008 at 23:58

1998 1.3 1.3 being a little odd - Rattle
Have you read my 'lumpy' thread, it appears me car is doing the same thing. I also have a buzz sound could that be the ticking sound? If so it sounds like we have the same problem so I find this very interesting and a bit spooky.
1998 1.3 1.3 being a little odd - smashing
yeah i have read it. I had my clutch replaced and then it started playing up....will have to have a play and look around as it doesn't sound too bad and i may change the fuel filter and see what that does.
Well I am leaving my car till after Christmas now but if you do find the cure please let me know, if I can fix it I might get the clutch done, but only if its a cheap fix :). Did your ticket sound remain active for about a second or so after the ignition was turned off?
no its only does it when the engine is on and then its not consistent, it has a cycle to the ticking but it only does it every now and again and i can only here it when im stationary. funny thing is its not coming from anywhere near the engine lol very odd.
Mine is only heared at idle too, and not from the engine, only my case it still can be heared a second after the engine stops, but only for about a second. It does sound like way may both have the same problem.
seems like it....hmmmm i will have to look under the bonnet and ask around as its not making it un drivable or anything so im not too worried but im not too fussed to get my hands dirty and do it myself if the worse comes to the worst. possibly spark plugs need looking at again me thinks and then the fuel line
1998 1.3 being a little odd - Javalin
Try your oxygen sensor. I had one that was fouled with oil (crankcase breather was blocked) and the car stuttered and surged periodically whilst driving. It did it more after its warmed up a bit. it also caused stalling, though mine was a particually bad case, when the stuttering co-incided with coast-down fuel cutting whilst going to idle.

Changed the O2 sensor, which is pink fluffy dice easy to do, and all is fine. Also check your temperature gauge is working ok first.

About £65 from factors.

Please review the no swearing policy of this site. Next time your post could well be deleted instead of edited as it's far easier!

Edited by Webmaster on 17/12/2008 at 09:56