2004 1.1 Engine stopping while driving - Niamhg
Help! While driving home today, on two seperate occasions my car's engine stopped while I was driving. The battery lights came on as though I had turned the key in the ignition without starting the engine. The 1st time I was going about 30km/hr, and the second time I had just started to drive in 2nd gear after a light turned green. Both times I was able to start the engine again. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks
2004 1.1 Engine stopping while driving - Screwloose

If the battery light came on while the dead engine was still turning; then I'd suspect the ignition switch.

If it came on after the engine had fully stopped; then it could be a large number of things.
2004 1.1 Engine stopping while driving - Niamhg
Hi,

Well just before it turned off the first time, I thought I saw the battery light turn on for a moment as I was driving. Then both times it turned off, the battery light was left on.
2004 1.1 Engine stopping while driving - Screwloose

In that case; it's fairly safe to say that there was a loss of a major ignition-controlled circuit.

The most likely place for such a problem is the ignition switch itself. You could hook up a couple of LEDs to the two key-switch circuits and that would give you visual confirmation if one went off.