03 2.0 Power loss/revs increase after long idle - alanchrisuk
I was wondering if anybody can help I am experiencing problems with my Astra 2L DTI. There is an intermittant fault on the vehicle as occasionally whilst accelerating the power will drop off and the revs will decrease with the accelerator unable to raise them. However if the clutch pedal is pressed and I take it out of gear, re engage the gear and then lift the clutch pedal the revs increase with the accelerator and everything is as normal.

Also when in heavy traffic and the vehicle is at idle for a prolonged period of time the revs will icrease to approx 1300 RPM and the ECU light will come on. During this time the vehicle speed is limited as I cannot increase the revs. This same fault sometimes occurs on initial start up. If the engine is turned off and then re started the fault disapears until the next time it is in a prolonged Idle.

Any help would be greatley appreciated.
03 2.0 Power loss/revs increase after long idle - topbloke
possible a clutch switch issue/adjustment what appears to be happening is that its going into limp home mode, you realy need to get it plugged into a code reader/scanner to see whats going on