Police seize 63 cars in crackdown - Tron
"More than 60 cars were seized during a police operation to target travelling criminals in East Yorkshire.

It comes a week after a similar operation around York, the biggest the city has seen, which led to 278 cars being taken off the roads."

Full story here:

tinyurl.com/3shcho
Police seize 63 cars in crackdown - midlifecrisis
278 carloads of people made to walk home. Clearly none of them were members of UKIP! :)
Police seize 63 cars in crackdown - Screwloose

"Travelling criminals" or "criminal travellers?"

They wouldn't crush all those 57-plate Transits - would they?
Police seize 63 cars in crackdown - pmh2
"This operation is aimed at those who seek to commit crime and deny them the use of our roads network without causing inconvenience to people going about their lawful business. "

So that means those who have their cars seized will then need new transport. Another 63 stolen cars then!

Does that mean the crime figures for that region go up?
Police seize 63 cars in crackdown - martint123
Possibly arising from the ANPR net - I notice in the local free paper a fair quantity of people being done for not informing the Secretary of State that they have bought or sold a vehicle. £175 fine + £45 costs.

I didn't see any confiscation mentioned though. I'd like to see all of these unaccountable vehicles off the road.
Police seize 63 cars in crackdown - Stuartli
Merseyside Police carries out a lot of this type of operation and plenty of motorists have found their car being impounded in recent months in my town.

Back such operations 100 per cent as it gets rid of a lot of uninsured vehicles, even though some of those involved probably just go out and buy another banger.

Surprising though just how many recent Beemers, Mercedes etc are nabbed..:-)

Edited by Stuartli on 12/10/2008 at 20:14

Police seize 63 cars in crackdown - Pugugly
Must be like the retreat from Moscow on those blizzard driven slip roads around Liverpool then ? :-)