www.eurocardirect.co.uk - go belly up - UkGuy
I have a problem

I received a car from the above Company based in Blackpool (Wishing Well House 32 Poulton Road, Blackpool, Lancs FY3 7DT - Company Reg 3729183) - it was not as per the spec that I ordered. They have been reticent to offer compensation direct and so I have asked for their insurance details so that I can pursue a claim directly with thier insurers.

It now seems that they are rapidly going belly up and blame their bankers for flawed exchange rates.

It would be great if anybody can supply me with James Stewarts home address or any other details of Directorships that he holds.

There is a fair chance that the compnay may well have been trading without proper professional insurance in which case, if he does try and float another Company of this type, people need to be protected.

If anyone else who hasnt even received their car yet want to tie in with this then please feel free.

Regards
www.eurocardirect.co.uk - go belly up - crazed
you can get the directors addresses from companies house
www.eurocardirect.co.uk - go belly up - Mikek
UkGuy
You can access companies house on the net.
www.companieshouse.co.uk

www.eurocardirect.co.uk - go belly up - The Watcher
I'd be very careful about the spec's of the car you ordered.

Normally, with an import via an agent the obligation is on you to be certain the order you place is correct. If you read the small print I think you'll find it say you are responsible unless the agent has issued some form of gaurantee.

Personally, I'd say forget the agent and approach the European dealer direct (if you have this info) and ask them for compensation or a refund if the car is not as ordered.

I don't want to be too negative but I'd be surprised if the onus is not on you to check the spec ordered was correct.
www.eurocardirect.co.uk - go belly up - UkGuy
A good point

The document priced up with their offer had the spec I expected - I also subsequently received docs from them with the missing item represented on the order so they knew what I had asked for and had expected it to be delivered to me too.

It seems they didnt check the confirmation details from the dealer - I believe that they have failed in their professional duty of care.

tks for your input
www.eurocardirect.co.uk - go belly up - MarkyMarkD
UKGuy

I don't understand why you want the supplier's insurance details.

Your contract is with the supplier, not the insurer.

The supplier has/may have insurance to protect themselves against claims against them (and I don't see that this is a legal requirement, just common sense).

If you want to make a claim, you have to do it against the supplier. And similarly if you want to take anyone to court, it is the supplier who you would take to court, not the insurers.

What happens between the insurers and their customer (i.e. your supplier) is nothing to do with you.

I suggest that if you contact the insurers they will tell you to get lost (although they might be a bit more polite than me).
www.eurocardirect.co.uk - go belly up - The Watcher
At cost of repeating myself, I can almost guarantee the agent will not be responsible for the error in specification. Anyone importing a car MUST read the agents contract very carefully.

Most import agents I know have a clause in their T&C's between themselves and the buyer, that they (the agent) will not be held responsible for any errors in specification and, that it is up to the buyer to satisfy themselves the spec is correct.

The agent plays no part in buying the vehicle and acts only as the agent with some other services thrown in. The contract to buy the car and its specification, is between the buyer and the Euro dealer.