What a way to avoid a parking fine! - movilogo
The driver who avoided parking ticket by refusing to get out of his towed-away car for TWO HOURS

tinyurl.com/44cz3x

So if you are inside car, it can't be towed away :o)
What a way to avoid a parking fine! - bathtub tom
I thought it was common knowledge they couldn't tow away a vehicle with animals in it, hence many cars have labels proclaiming this. I've seen such a label proclaiming "live arachnids on board", and a cardboard box on the back seat with holes punched in it.

I've always wondered if it would include my entymological collection on the front number plate (Victoria Wood joke). ;>)
What a way to avoid a parking fine! - Westpig
some years back I lost my dog (she was getting a bit old and daft and i let her run around a bit as she was used to, whilst i help cleared a mate's driveway of weeds etc & she wandered off..so my fault!).

The next day she turned up at Battersea Dogs Home. I was so worried about her and not properly convinced it was she, so i drove down there, but was against the traffic and had been advised they'd close for the day if not there by a set time.

By the time i got there i was virtually out of time, so dumped the car on the pavement, within a 'red route' (which has constant warden coverage and instant tow aways) and bunged the hazards on...and couldn't have cared less where the car ended up or how much it cost, i just wanted my best mate back

40 minutes later, back to the car...still there, no ticket, nothing.... which for a 'red route' is unbelievable

can only presume the wardens must have thought 'no one in their right mind would park there, must be broken down'
What a way to avoid a parking fine! - Bilboman
It's a source of a very common urban legend in Spain: get inside your car and they can't tow you away, as it constitutes KIDNAPPING.
Time to establish a precedent in law, I reckon! Kidnapping is, curiously, one of very few common law crimes - for which there is no written statute - remaining in English law.
What a way to avoid a parking fine! - Pugugly
the car ended up or how much it cost, i just wanted my best mate back

Only a married dog owner would understand that statement. :-(

I still miss the cocker we put down in January. The replacement is my buddy but howls to the depth of its black soul when left in car - enough to deter even the most hard hearted warden.