vibration in gear lever 98 Audi A4 - john hill
Over this past week I have noticed a slight vibrationn comming through the gearlever when the car comes to a halt. This does not occur every time. It will most likely occur after driving on a road with rough surface or pot holes. Someone thought that there may be a fracture in a pipe, I have watched the reve counter when this vibration appears, but the engine appears to be running smoothly. If I increase the reve on the enging very slightly the vibration stops, also if the steering is turned ever so slightly again the vibration dissapears. I have contacted the Audi dealer but they are unable to shed any light on the problem. I would be very greatful for any advice on this intermitent problem.
I checked honest Johns web site and noticed that 98 A4s were recalled for a vibration damper, could this be my problem
Re: vibration in gear lever 98 Audi A4 - andrew smith
I have some symtoms on a 97 petrol A4 which may be similar...when I come to halt, after about 30 seconds of idling the engine sort of hicups at which point the tacho skips up slightly and a corresponding vibration can be felt through the gear lever.
Audi have replaced the throttle body which seems to have improved things (but not cured them) enough for me to leave it until the next service. This was done under warrenty otherwise I would have been unwilling to agree to such an expensive fix.