CVT boxes - disbeliever
I have owned both a Honda Jazz & two Dodge Calibers all with CVT boxes which I find are excellent contrary to other reports. Unfortunately it seems that HJ has not had the opportunity to test the latest Jazz with iShift auto. I exchanged my first Jazz for a Dodge Caliber because I never felt safe in the Jazz with its very flimsy poor construction and I damaged my face on the top edge of the front door because it has such a poor jagged finish which no one mentions. It will be interesting to eventually discover how long a Jazz will last. I found the JAzz CVT gave me local driving 34 mpg and the Caliber CVT 23/24 mpg which from my long experience is good for a heavy 2 litre auto. With its very complete specification on the 2007 models the Caliber is excellent value for money.
CVT boxes - tawse
Quite a difference in car sizes there.

That CVT MPG from the Jazz sounds very disappointing. I think the Qashqai has been giving high 30s to people with its CVT.

Interesting comments about not feeling safe in the Jazz - I think people underestimate the lower stress by feeling safe in a car. I also note the jagged edge bit - sounds nasty. As you say, these are the important things that car reviewers just do not seem to cover at all.