97 1.8 car diagnostic connector - hairybob
I am trying to read any error codes that might be stored in the ECU. I have a 30 pin socket located behind the coded key pad, and I know I have to use C2 and C3 terminals with a LED and switch. But does anyone know if you can get a female socket to fit the terminal so I can extend the pins to make it easier to bridge C2 to C3.
Cheers Bob

Edited by Pugugly on 20/08/2008 at 00:14

97 1.8 car diagnostic connector - Mapengo
You may be able to get a lead from one of the code reading/diagnostic tool manufacturers BUT they will be relatively expensive.
You could make a lead up using a wire and a couple of crimp on connectors from maplin or RS components BUT Autodata states that there is no flash code facility on this vehicle and faults can only be accessed using a code reader?
I would be a bit wary in case you cause expensive damage to the ECU.
If you are really set on doing this maybe you can do some internet research and by a code reader just for your car, better still contact a reputable diagnostic technician or workshop in your local area for a proper diagnostic session.
Why are you trying to locate fault codes?
Post your problems on here and maybe someone can help.

Cheers.
97 1.8 car diagnostic connector - hairybob
hello, i have got the Autodata 2004 and it says the 406 1.8 16v 1995-02 engine code XU7JPE (LFY) does have the flash code facility, and the connector is the same as mine. I did do some research, and they say the Maxidiag FR704 is the reader I need, but looking at the connector its not the same. I have just bought the car, and I was just going to check if there was any error codes stored from previous faults. I did the same with a VW golf I had, and sorted a problem I had with that.
bob