97 1.9 diesel, brake light failure. - jazz*hands
Hi All,

I have a 97 1.9 Diseal polo whose brake lights have failed I have checked the bulbs and fuses but both seem to be ok - Any ideas on what else it could be?

Also the engine starts fine from cold but won't restart when hot - i had the starter motor replaced in Feb and the car normally restarts fine when it has cooled down a bit but im baffled?! Was told it could possibly be the relay for heater but im not techinally minded so wanted to have some idea before asking a garage!

Thanks!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/08/2008 at 19:29

brake lights - PW
As you say lights makes me think is a problem with the switch from the pedal itself- have you looked at this?

Had a similar problem with a '95 Polo 1.6, rear n/s light used to fail intermittently, but was usually resolved with a good wallop to the light.

One other thing, is a few years since got shot of mine, but is it a brake light/ lights on combo? If so check bulbs aren't in upside down. May be brake lights are on in lieu of lights, and when press on brake pedal reverts to normal 'lights on' dimmer setting. Did this once myself on my Cordoba, but soon realised the error of my ways, and have seen a few colleagues make the same mistake.