01 2.2 electrical fault - 60A fuse keeps blowing.. - mcat
I was driving home with my wife when she pushed the electric window button and the windows, sunroof, radio and computer display all stopped working.

In the bonnet it turned out to be the 1st 60 Amp fuse. I replaced but it kept blowing.

I've now replaced the window motor and regulator but it's just blown again. Any ideas?

Edited by Pugugly on 03/08/2008 at 20:43

01 2.2 Electrical Fault - 60A fuse keeps blowing.. - Victorbox
Assume wife operated passenger door switch? Possible short in the wiring running from door to door pillar where it rubs through insulation? Sometimes the wires move relative to each other when door is open or closed so try a new fuse in different door positions.
01 2.2 Electrical Fault - 60A fuse keeps blowing.. - Screwloose

It's very rare to get that master fuse blowing as it only feeds fuses 10, 11, 12, 16, 22 and 39 in the fascia box. Any short should blow one of those first if they are correctly fitted?

The cable between the engine box and the dash box is black and yellow; check it's run for damage and chafing.
01 2.2 Electrical Fault - 60A fuse keeps blowing.. - Railroad.
Make yourself up a simple tool of a blown fuse connected to a 12volt bulb. Place the tool in the fuse slot which keeps blowing and switch on the ignition. If the bulb lights brightly you have a short circuit. If necessary disconnect one at at time everything known to be on that circuit (refer to handbook or manual), and if the bulb still lights the fault still exists.

Bear in mind that a component's resistance will cause the bulb to light if it's connected, but the light will not be at full brightness. This does not indicate a fault.

Pull wiring around, and fiddle to see if the light will go out. If it does then you have found the area where the fault lies.......
01 2.2 Electrical Fault - 60A fuse keeps blowing.. - SpamCan61 {P}
Does the fuse still blow if you disconnect the wiring connetcor to the door?

Electrical problems on SWMBO's Zafira have been related to the loom chafing in the rubber gaiter between the B pillar and the rear door, so check those.