02 1.2 My spare tyre well fills with water - piecle
Yesterday we had to bail 25 pints of water out of the spare tyre well out of our car and there's dampness underneath the rear seats (in the middle). I rang my local renault garage and they suggested that it might be coming in from a door seal or from around the rear light fittings but I've been tipping water over the car for the past 2 hours and I can't see anything coming in. The water was clear (apart from a few twigs) so I'm sure it's coming in from above but I'm stumped. Has anybody got any ideas? There is a large water mark coming from below the cup holder thing next to the rear offside seat but it appears to lead into the footwell and I can't see that that would end up in the boot. It does look as though what has collected under the seats has gone into the boot and there is a hole in the top of the rear offside window seal so I thought it might be seeping round inside the interior trim but I tipped a load of water over there and nothing seemed to happen (also took off the interior trim by that window and it was perfectly dry inside). Please help!