brake wear - salguod50
I'm getting a 300c diesel in a few weeks, I happenend to be talking to a 300c owner the other day and he says he has to have new pads every 3 months!!
anybody else experience this?
brake wear - Dynamic Dave
he says he has to have new pads every 3 months!!

Did he also mention the mileage he does between pad changes?

Where's Murphy The Cat (Passionate Chrysler 300C owner) when you need him ;o)
brake wear - daveyjp
Have you also been a passenger in the car with him and seen how he uses the brakes? Brakes only wear out if you use them!
brake wear - salguod50
Have you also been a passenger in the car with him and seen how he
uses the brakes? Brakes only wear out if you use them!

I try to avoid using the car/lorry/ lampost option!!

He says he does about 20,000 miles per year
brake wear - moulder
I've done 9000 in my diesel touring model and there is plenty of meat left on the pads.
brake wear - salguod50
9000 miles thats a couple of months for me, I hoping to get at least 20,000 miles b4 i have to change them
brake wear - moulder
like I said, I have lots of meat left on them after doing 9k so you should get 20k out of them.

I average 30mpg at the moment by the way and thats mixed driving. On a 80mph motorway run i get 33 and at 60mph on cruise, on a long run (London-Manchester)I get 39. All from computer - never clocked it tank to tank vs trip.

If you're buying used watch for the wheels delaminating - the new ones have different alloys, so cant comment on them until I get the new one in a few months.

Other than that its been good - once you get used to people staring at it!
brake wear - L'escargot
9000 miles thats a couple of months for me I hoping to get at least
20 000 miles b4 i have to change them

So that's about every 4.5 months then?
brake wear - Murphy The Cat
Where's Murphy The Cat (Passionate Chrysler 300C owner) when you need him ;o)

I'm still around and about, but my online time is getting shorter & shorter.
Back to the OPs question, something seems very odd to me that the brake pads are only lasting 3 months - is he
a) doing over 150000 miles a year
b) 'riding' the brakes
c) a kamikaze braker
d) a man who likes to drive down a runway as fast as possible and then brake to a halt in the shortest possible distance, everyday. Or
e) just mistaken.

My car has gone through 40000 faultless miles now and I can't recall my brake pads being changed yet (I'll check back on my service histories and update if I'm mistaken)

MTC
brake wear - salguod50
thanx guys put my mind at rest there,

I was a little sceptical about his claim, but I used to own a scorpio and that used to go through rear pads every 3 or 4 months, mainly due to having under-sized pads,

can only assume that he must be driving with left foot on brake

Doug
brake wear - Geordie1
Hi Doug...
Being a potential 300C CRD owner and therefore having a vested interest in the OP query, I raised the matter with a website for enthusiasts of the marque (of which I am a member) and the consensus of opinion was that owners were reporting mileages in excess of 40,000 between brake pad changes. The relevant members are curious to know more about the anomaly and it would be appreciated if you could possibly ascertain whether the 300C CRD owner in question has brought the problem to the attention of Chrysler etc?
brake wear - rtj70
The most miles I have put on any car from new (or a car a few years old) is around 60k miles. I have never had brake pad replacements.

Okay non were "performance" cars but the OP's original question makes me think along the same lines as MTC. Either they lie (and why), the car has a problem, or they brake very hard for no reason.
brake wear - salguod50
The relevant members are curious to
know more about the anomaly and it would be appreciated if you could possibly ascertain
whether the 300C CRD owner in question has brought the problem to the attention of
Chrysler etc?
sorry only met him while parked in London, probably never see him again, all I know it was an 04 model,

Doug

40,000 I can live with that
brake wear - Rgr
"sorry only met him while parked in London, probably never see him again, all I know it was an 04 model"

The 300c was not launched in UK until Summer 2005; what side was the steering wheel!
brake wear - Hemi
my Hemi has done 17000m and Im still halfway through my pads and I dont hang about I can tell you