Deals on new ones - any advice - scott_lewis
Hi

I am looking at changing my ageing Pajero - as I no longer have a caravan and the cost of using it - diesel wise is too much.

Anyway - looking for a large family car as have 2 kids, plus have a dog, and we do tend to go away for long weekends and holidays in the car - need something with a big boot. I also like the high driving position so the Zafira fits the bill I believe. Also - an estate does also but not the high driving position.

Anyway - seems to be some great deals on Zafiras - seen one, new 1.9 diesel , breeze version for £12995 (new recommended price its 18k) plus £1000 part ex and interest free credit.

Anyway - wondered if anyone here has bought a new one recently and if so any advice on how far I can push the dealers to get the lowest price.

Many Thanks

Scott

Edited by Pugugly on 01/05/2008 at 19:26

Deals on new zafira's - any advice - Jes
Hi,

I bought a 1.9 CDTI Design (150bhp) last year. It was 9 months old (July 2006) at the time of purchase and I paid £13000 from a VX dealer. Have to say that I'm very pleased in general with the car. Couple of complaints :-

1. Air Con very poor - wish I had sought a Climate Control version
2. 'A' Pillar location/thickness can produce some heart stopping moments and is documented elsewhere on this forum.

Plus points (for me)
1. Added original VX cruise for the sum of £70. Stalk was £35 and the TECH2 config was £35 - all relays etc are in place ready to use ;-)
2. Added a DTUK tuning box to give the car that extra umph when needed. Well worth the money IMHO
3. Servicing costs are approx £170 every year/20k miles - Ideal for me as I can limit my mileage to that.
4. Boot space fits my needs.

When I was looking to buy, Motorpoint had a good choice of Zafiras.

Regards,
John
Deals on new zafira's - any advice - scott_lewis
Thanks for the info.

I have been looking at the 1.9 120bhp version, but will see what deals they have on nearly new.

The cruise control option - this is something I will like - so will go for that at that price - be handy for driving in France.

Scott
Deals on new zafira's - any advice - Jes
Scott,

The part number for the stalk is 13129642. You may get told by the service dept that adding cruise cannot be done - it can, tell them to call VX Tech Support regarding Tech 2 Config. On mine, even the cruise light indicator works!

I drove a 120 bhp and then the 150 bhp versions (in fact I had them on a 3 day trial each time through VX business Demonstrators). After driving the 150 version, I knew I would be dissapointed should I get the 120.

As for deals, mine was originally up for £15k. The cheapest I could find in the UK was at Motorpoint in Derby (150 miles away for me) for £12800 and they don't budge on price. So at £13k, and being local (5 miles), I was happy with my deal. Plus the dealer kept the car till the end of the month (2 weeks away) so it allowed me to sort finances and Tax.

Regards,
John
Deals on new zafira's - any advice - SpamCan61 {P}
One factor in favour of the 120 is that I don't think it suffers from the swirl actuator valve problem as the 150 does, as mentioned in the CBC, for the same engine in the Vectra at least.
Cool - going to see the dealer today and see what he says. Got to arrange a test drive of course for a few days.

If I can get a 150ps on the group D rating and its not much more, I may go for it.

Definately get the cruise control though if I get one.

Cheers for the advice.

Scott
well, had a chat with the dealer.

Seems vauxhall HQ have got wise over the cheap cruise control option and he says its now not possible.

Cost of car - above had I had seen it online for. the 150ps one was way above my budget.

Going to look around and see if I can beat it.

Scott
Deals on new zafira's - any advice - Screwloose
Scott

Just make sure that the one you get doesn't have a DPF fitted - some of those have been such a nightmare that they've had to be bought back.
Deals on new zafira's - any advice - dnc1781
For brand new see:
- HJ week's best deals
- Autotrader new car search

For "Used":
Autotrader - national search has:

07 07 ZAFIRA 1.9 CDTi Club 120 PS
3,989 miles
Air conditioning, Alloy wheels,
£11,795

07 57 Zafira 1.9 CDTi Life [120]
4,830 miles
Air conditioning
£12232

08 08 ZAFIRA BREEZE CDTI 1900cc
654 miles
Air Conditioning
£12,499

07 57 ZAFIRA 1.9 CDTi Design [120]
3,852 miles
Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Cruise Control
£12,991

08 08 ZAFIRA 1.9 CDTi Breeze Plus [120]
1 miles
£12,991

07 57 Zafira 1.9 CDTi [150] SRi
from 1,179 miles
Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels
£13,000

07 57 ZAFIRA 1.9 CDTi Design [150]
from 4,620 miles
Alloys, Air conditioning
£13,000

Deals on new zafira's - any advice - TheOilBurner
Seems vauxhall HQ have got wise over the cheap cruise control option and he says
its now not possible.

They would say that. Unless Vauxhall have removed the config from Tech II (very unlikely, as it would be impossible to replace faulty units then!), then it will still be possible. All the bits are in place (apart from the stalk), it just needs turning on in software.

I'll be trying it with our Zafira soon and let you know how I get on.

They told me it was "impossible" to upgrade the roof harness in my Vectra, it wasn't at all. I remember a Volvo dealer saying it was "impossible" to restore my 2.4 V70 to it's full 170bhp (it was factory detuned via software to 140bhp). I soon corrected that... ;)

Edited by TheOilBurner on 03/05/2008 at 11:26

Well, just seen there is a Zafira 1.9 CDTi 150 Design local to me in network q garage with 10800 miles - ex demo/sales guy's car.

Currently up for 13.5K.

Any ideas how much I can possibly get them down considering its a ex demo car.

I am thinking say approx 1K and get them to take my old Pajero off my hands aswell - not worth that much - plus its MOT/tax are all due on the next month.

Also - anyone put front and rear parking sensors in - or got the local garage to do it and if so - how much they charged?

Thoughts?

Scott