'Born to run' at 125 mph - Dynamic Dave
A DRIVER (aged 21, but unamed) watched a DVD of rock star Bruce Springsteen while doing 125mph on a motorway.

The Boss?s hit Born to Run was playing when cops stopped the Renault Clio in the fast lane near Tours, western France.

An officer said: "He said he had a long drive to Paris and was bored."

The motorist was bailed, to face a possible £500 (or maybe euro?) fine and year?s ban.

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1101170....e (Not clickable because of other content)
afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gbs8TTzR10KmkvgtSLkHn...Q

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 29/04/2008 at 11:27

'Born to run' at 125 mph - David Horn
Watching a video? I have enough difficulty just texting when driving.
'Born to run' at 125 mph - moonshine {P}

I find that if you adjust your seat correctly you can steer the car with your knees. This means your hands are free allowing to do more productive things, especially useful on long motorway journeys. On a long drive theres no better way to relieve the boredom than reading a good book with a nice cup of coffee.

Peronally I never text while driving, well not since the last time when it caused me to spill my coffee over my book.
'Born to run' at 125 mph - Alby Back
I find cruise control very handy for this situation. It means that you can concentrate more on the coffee, sandwich, phone call and cigarette. Tyres can get a bit screechy on roundabouts if you don't clip the apexes right but generally it's OK. Learning to write left handed is also useful if this not already your natural inclination as you can then keep your diary or other notes on the passenger seat as well.
'Born to run' at 125 mph - Westpig
the frightening thing is...how many people DO do some of the things mentioned above

on a holiday to the States and staying with a mate, he'd drive with his knees whilst rolling a cigarette...and there'd invariably be a large hot coffee in the drinks holder

he was highly amused when i absolutely insisted he stop (never have been a good passenger and in those circs it made me worse)
'Born to run' at 125 mph - pyruse
I recall reading years ago about a Jordanian taxi driver booked by the police for watching TV while driving.
His defence was that it was much less dangerous than reading the newspaper.

I have bad memories of a taxi ride in Paris, where the (female) driver started cutting a cake on her passenger seat, and then turned round to offer me a piece.