1999 1.4 Meridian - Cutting Out??? - LukeG306
I own a 306 T reg 1.4 Meridian, and i am having problems. The car originally was just stalling at junctions and would idle irratically, and was slighly jerky when releasing the accelerator, i continued driving it for a few weeks, before i replaced the idle speed control valve (advice from internet) The car seemed to work fine for the day, irratic idling gone, jerkyness gone, although the car didnt seem to pick up aswell, i was just pleased that the car was driving better. BUT i came to drive it the next day and it wouldn?t start, unless i applied throttle, and whenever i dipped the clutch it stalled. it got worst, so i eventually called the AA out on home start. He tried replacing the stepper motor, this didnt work, tried to play with the idle screw, but it was rusted in, so he thought this was either the problem, or it was electrical. As a temporary measure he adjusted the throttle cable to stop it stalling, and i took it out for a quick 5mile blast, and it worked ok. I came to drive it the next morning and it was back to the way it was, before. Throughout all these problems, whilst driving, the car would jerk the warning engine diagnostic light would come on and it would lose alot of power for 5 or so seconds, and then the light would go out, I believe the two problems are connected. + The trip meter keeps resetting itself, could that be from a surge of electric? Please help if anyone has any ideas, I don?t know where to start next, ive read lots of other problems that sound similar, and so many people said they tried this and that but solutions and it didn?t work.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/03/2008 at 12:57

Peugeot 306 Cutting Out??? - Screwloose
Luke

If the idiot AA man thought that tampering with the [factory-set] throttle stop was a good idea; it shows how much the AA miss their lovely training centre. [And all their other assets that Buffini looted...]

You really do need to get the fault-codes read; I've got a horrible feeling that you still have the factory-fit Sagem long coilpack, it's failing and it's spiked the idle control circuit in the ECU.

There's just a small chance that it's a feed or earth issue; so get those checked through first by someone who knows what they are doing - not the AA man obviously.....