Stone chips - any tips? - Boggy
I have dozens of tiny stone chips all over my bonnet and I'm going to bite the bullet and try to remedy them myself with touch-up paint. It's Ford's Panther Black metallic and they are very obvious and spoil the look of an otherwise immaculate car. I would normally just dab it onto the affected area and T-Cut afterwards, but any helpful suggestions from anybody welcomed!
Stone chips - any tips? - I'm a Pane
To be honest, if there are that many chips all over the bonnet, and the rest of the car is immaculate, I would put away the touch up and pay ?£200 to have the bonnet professionally resprayed. Garages do it all the time prior to sale, and I bet 99.9% of buyers never notice (and if done properly nor should they..). However carefully you try to touch in it will show-and could actually make the bonnet look worse.
Stone chips - any tips? - bathtub tom
I was once told the best way to touch up stone chips was with a sharpened match dipped in the paint. I've never tried it.
Stone chips - any tips? - Saltrampen
Some cellulose based thinner maybe useful as some touch up paints are so thick, they are very difficult to apply in several layers - then you face have to sand the blob without damaging surroundings.
Stone chips - any tips? - Bill Payer
A cocktail stick is the usual alternative to a sharpened match - some people say mixing the clear lacquer with paint and dripping that into the stone chip is about the best you could do.

Or you could follow this simple guide:
www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20...7
Stone chips - any tips? - Boggy
Excellent selection there. They are all tiny so I think the cocktail stick is the way to go. Many thanks guys.