Engine problems after swapping a 1.25 to a 1.4 - nicklfc8
Hi, I have recently fitted a 1.4 zetec SE engine (2001) into a mk4 ford fiesta 1.25 (1998).

Upon attempting to start the engine the engine is cranking but wont fire. It appears to want to fire but there is something stopping it.

I have had a diagnosis on the ECU where a problem with the crankshaft sensor was discovered, which in due course was replaced.

The car (according to a second diagnosis) is electronically sound yet it will still only crank and not fire.

I have exhausted all options open to me and still no luck. What could the problem be?

Could anyone help me out?

Cheers

Edited by Webmaster on 09/02/2008 at 16:42

Engine problems - Screwloose
nick

Which ECU did you fit?
Engine problems - topbloke
did you fit your original flywheel from the 1.25 or the one which came with the engine, did you get the ecu and the chip/key from the new engine afaik these systems are totaly incompatable unless you swap every thing over from the donor vehicle ecu,engine harness,sensors etc. the days of just fitting bigger engines into your car are long gone
98/R reg 1242cc engine issues - nicklfc8
Ok,

Following on from a previous thread regarding the fuel injection. I have managed to get the fuel flowing when the engine is cranked.

The problem of the engine not firing persists however and it turns out that we dont have a spark!

Can anyone help because Im in serious need of some advice?

Cheers

Nick

98/R reg 1242cc engine issues - Screwloose
nick

Can we stick to one thread - I'm easily confused. {now merged as related to the earlier question}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/02/2008 at 21:51