P reg - vectra key won't turn - pigeonsray
Vectra key won't turn in ignition. Has worked but now not. Can anyone help with suggestions or tell me an easy way to remove the ignition barrel to change it?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/01/2008 at 12:46

vectra key won't turn P reg - maltrap
is the key stuck in the lock? is the steering wheel in the locked position?
vectra key won't turn P reg - topbloke
you will need to be able to turn the key to be able to remove the barrel assembly, otherwise its a complete barrel and lock assembly , if you can turn the key after you have removed the steering column covers and slid the offside stalk (wiper/indicator) you will see in the barrel caseing a small hole, turn the key to the second position and at the same time push some thing small (thin screwdriver/allen key etc) into the hole this will allow you to remove the barrel assembly putting it back is as simple as putting the key in the new/secondhand barrel position two and putting it in the caseing,some times it wont go in because you need to push down a latch in the houseing pm me if you are struggling and i will tell you what to do
P reg - vectra key won't turn - Victorbox
Some lock lubricant sparingly sprayed in or worked in and out on the key - even WD40 & left to soak in may be enough for you to wiggle lock to position 1 to get the barrel out without having to destroy the lock housing. If you know the key number from the Pass Card in the handbook pack a dealer can match replacement to rest of locks.