Motorcyclist's Headlights - Nick Ireland
While I totally appreciate the need for motorcyclists to be seen, as many of them are incollision with card drivers who have not seen them, why is it that so many of them have to drive around with car strength headlights used on main beam. I am happy to see you but I am not happy to be dazzled head on and from behind!
Re: Motorcyclist's Headlights - D J Woollard
Don't start that lot off again!
Re: Motorcyclist's Headlights - bogush
Especially as they are a lot nearer head level than headlight level :-(
Re: Motorcyclist's Headlights - Brian
Anybody (however many wheels) who drives with lights that dazzle is adding to their danger, not reducing it.
This is a case of bad driving without consideration for other road user.
My last word on the subject (honest).
Re: Motorcyclist's Headlights - Adrian
A motorcycle with headlights on is certainly more visible but on the downside it also reduces other drivers ability to judge its distance and speed.
Re: Motorcyclist's Headlights - stuart bruce
At the risk of the wrath of whoever for another thread on this subject, another thought, is part of the problem imported bikes that have the headlights set for dip on the Continent. I always thought you could not get a LH drive bike, but then....?
Re: Pink Leathers - Guy Lacey
Just remember me in pink leathers and Xmas tree lights from the previous thread on this topic and that should put a stop to it.
Re: Motorcyclist's Headlights - Graham Cooper
In daytime, I always ride my motorcycle with lights on high beam (but not at night). I never get flashed by other motorists. I'll do anything to stay alive! There are two reasons for using high beam: firstly it is brighter (er, obviously) but the most important reason is that it minimises the risk of confusion on bumpy roads of the motorist thinking the motorcyclist has flashed him (at junctions etc). If you ride on dipped beams, the pitching of the bike on even slightly bumpy roads can appear to make the lights flash as the headlight bounces up. By riding on high beam, the potential for this is reduced.