sharp corners on round edges - bell boy
anybody else noticed that most new cars from mainstream makers seem to have more sharp edges under the bonnets than ever before?,im talking razor edges on wing lips etc
is this to stop diy bodgers from working on their cars and do main agents now supply chain mail gloves to technicians to wear under the latex? or can you buy them off the snap on man
sharp corners on round edges - oilrag
I once saw a main dealer principal (ex technician) doing an oil change on a car on a ramp in his workshop. talked to him later and it was his practice just to go around the back and get stuck in if he had the time.
Great way to inspire and bond with his technicians I thought.

Thing is, he had taken his suit jacket off but was wearing a formal white shirt and suit trousers and a pair of latex gloves. It was an eye opener to see him working rapidly spinning off the oil filter without the slightest oil smudge anywhere on him but those latex gloves.

I suspect sharp edges were not even on his radar as he could even avoid getting soiled.

as for me? yup, long sleeves and covered in oil. :)

Regards

Edited by oilrag on 19/11/2007 at 08:14

sharp corners on round edges - bathtub tom
Found a few myself over the weekend when I was removing the dead leves from various orifices.