Punctures - doctorchris
Have had to help out one of my kids again because she's had a puncture. I'm the only one who notices because I check their tyre pressures and one tyre had lost 10psi. Found 3 nails, one penetrating, but too near the sidewall to repair.
Anyhow, to the point, I find that punctures are much more likely on new tyres. My theory is that deep tread traps and retains the sharp object allowing it to penetrate the tyre. Worn tyres allow the object to be thrown off before it does any serious damage.
Is this the experience of others here? Is my theory valid?
Punctures - Pat L
I know I'm tempting fate here, but I haven't had a 'proper' puncture since 1990, and I can't remember when I last had a slow puncture. Mind you, one of my rear tyres was down to 14 PSI when I checked the pressure the other day, so maybe my run of luck is about to end.
Punctures - doctorchris
Come up to Sunderland and drive around our streets for a couple of days and you'll soon pick up a few nails and screws. I think Slo-fit scatter bags of them around when they've nothing better to do.
Punctures - Altea Ego
Is this the experience of others here? Is my theory valid?

No. my experience has taught me that punctures is more likely in worn tryes. Most punctures I have had have been tyres worn to near the limit.
------------------------------
< Ex RF, Ex TVM >
Punctures - aylesby
I have found more nails in expensive grippy tyres than in cheaper hard tyres.

Punctures - IanW1977
I always seem to get a pucture in new Tyres too - Mostly when I replace all 4
Punctures - gordonbennet
Dangerous ground here and i can hear the groans as i write.

The only (touching wood) punctures i have encountered within the last 10 years have been with 2 almost new Chinese tyres, not on my cars thankyou.

There i've said the word i'll keep me head down till the storm blows over.