Stretch Limo Operator fined. - bell boy
i have always been wary of these things and now i am extra wary

Limo operator fined £14k

A limo operator has been fined £14,200 including costs. mr @@@@@ trading as @@@@ @@@@, got a £10,200 fine plus £4,000 costs for offences including driving without insurance, fraudulent use of registration plates, fraudulent use of Vehicle Excise Duty and no PSV operator licence or Certificate of Initial Fitness to show that his vehicle met Public Service Vehicle standards. He also got 31 points on his driving licence. A stretched limo with eight or less passenger seats is normally licensed by local authorities as a Private Hire Vehicle. With more than eight passenger seats it is classed as a Public Service Vehicle, will need a COIF and will be licensed by the Traffic Commissioners.

unquote"

the names have been removed to protect the guilty,please consider the above before you let your children go in these things

i thank yee

Subject line altered to reflect the topic - PU
Stretch Limo Operator fined. - local yokel
Luckily my children inherited my sense of decorum and taste, and not my looks. They wouldn't be seen dead in a limo, they tell me.
Stretch Limo Operator fined. - johnny
Agreed - wouldn't be seen dead in one although my eight year old daughter would probably go for it. They're popular at School Proms ( wot they? ) apparently, as kids compete to arrive in the most outlandish mode of transport possible. Aircraft Carrier anyone?
Stretch Limo Operator fined. - pmh
31 points on his licence

what will insurers make of that if he even bothers to try to get insurance in the future?
--

pmh (was peter)

Stretch Limo Operator fined. - Badwolf
As far as I'm aware, roughly 95% of all stretch limos that run in the UK are illegal. When was the last time you saw one with a private hire plate on the back or an operator's licence disc in the front windscreen?

We've got one at the place I work at (properly licensed I hasten to add!) and I hate - absolutely hate - driving it. I can't stand the majority of the jobs and the clients that go with it.
Stretch Limo Operator fined. - 1066
a friend of mine runs a fleet of 8 stretches and looking at the garage bills and insurance and other things it costs nearly 50k a year just to get them on the road, it must be very tempting for him to cut corners and do no servicing etc but he tells me his conscience wont let him.
Stretch Limo Operator fined. - hxj

There are 'piles of rules on these' and regulation is complex. BBC East Midlands did an item on this just over a year ago in the local prom season - my eldest and her friends starred in their dresses and the car (run legally).

They had a whale of a time.
Stretch Limo Operator fined. - milkyjoe
31 points on licence!! 12 points = a year ban so he will be banned for 2 1/2 years then?