Holed windscreen - piggy
I was recently driving along a local A road when my windscreen was hit by a small stone thrown up by someone strimming in front of his property. The area he was doing was the grass verge of the road, and probably local authority property anyway. As the damage was not serious,and was soon dealt with by RAC Windsreen service, i.e. epoxy was compressed into the hole, I was not too bothered. It occured to me though that the damage to my car,or even someone`s eye for example could have been much more serious. In this "worst case scenario" would I have been able to sue the person responsible? I realise now I should have stopped and given him a piece of my mind.
Holed windscreen - Bill Payer
Wasn't there was a report recently of a council banning the public from cutting grass verges as they're uninsured? If it was on the householders own property then his house insurance (if he had any) would cover him for liability to third parties.
Holed windscreen - Civic8
>>I realise now I should have stopped and given him a piece of my mind

So anyone strimming front garden is now a danger to drivers and there cars,we going mad or what??
Holed windscreen - Hamsafar
You would have to show they were negligent rather than unlucky.
I would be wary of strimming on busy road, would probably lift the strimmer as cars go past or at least carefully tilt it in a way such that objects would not fly towards cars and people.
Holed windscreen - oldtoffee
This happened to me 3 years ago, a worker was strimming the verge of HM's park in Windsor and a stone was thrown out by the strimmer and smashed through my side window shattering it - the noise was like a rifle shot. The worker was using the strimmer so that the guard was protecting the hedge and not the road from anything it threw up. Prompt cheque and apology from the Crown Estate. Now every time I drive past someone strimming I flinch!
Holed windscreen - Pugugly {P}
That would probably killed a motorcyclist.
Holed windscreen - flunky
That would probably killed a motorcyclist.

Sounds like a very good reason not to ever ride them.
Holed windscreen - piggy
So anyone strimming front garden is now a danger to drivers and there cars we
going mad or what??

I would like to point out he was not strimming his front garden, but the grass verge outside his house.This is on the edge of a very busy A road. In my opinion ,for what it`s worth,he was asking for trouble. It was a warm day and someone could have the neasrside window open which might have resulted in a nasty accident. The implications for motorcyclists are even more horrendous.
I think the verge is local authority property, which gives the household insurance company an excuse not to pay up.