Damaged Mondeo door - Big Vern
Hi

My brothers car withstood what appears to be a sustained attack by some baseball cap wearing scumback, however there is now a louder windnoise at motorway speeds and there are signs that there was an attemp to lever the top of the drivers door. The seal has a small puncture and the door apears to be sitting very slightly proud.
Is there a science of bending the doorback to its original position, or is the noise likely to go away with a repair to the seal with some silicon sealent?

Also do I have to replace the whole door handle or can I get the small circular bit of trim covering the lock itself.
Re: Damaged Mondeo door - cockle
Vern

Once saw a guy in the vehicle finishers across the road 'fix' a door by winding down the window, inserting a piece of 4 by 2 from the outside, stood on door sill and leaned back levering the top of the door inwards. Seemed to work for him but I wouldn't like to suggest it's the prescribed, proper method!!!
Re: Damaged Mondeo door - Honestjohn
You have to buy the whole new doorhandle surround, and you'll need to stop and think a bit as you attempt to instal it. Not a job to do outside in the rain.

HJ
Damaged Mondeo door - Stevieboy
Big Vern,

If the locks are anything like Ford Focus locks you'll be able to get the bezel trim seperately. I think that it's about £2 and 30 mins to fit. If they are like Focus locks, then de-lock the front doors by purchasing a door rear-bezel and putting it in place of the front door bezel. Just ensure that the keyfob remote control battery doesn't go flat ...

Steve
Damaged Mondeo door - Cyd
Cockle isn't too far off the truth with this repair method. With this type of door, I always found it best to wind the window down fully, place my right knee at the base of the pillar at waist level and then pull the frame into position. Practice by doing it several times, pulling a little harder each time until the door is in the right place - don't be too brutal with it as you are probably only looking for a few millimetres.

I wouldn't de-lock any car fitted with superlocking (aka deadlocking or double locking). Where I work now we have a large fleet of Ford vehicles and they have a history of failing remotes. If your car is superlocked and the remote fails you will need the key to open the door. Also depending on the car model (eg Range Rovers and Rover 800s) you will need to input a code via the key to release the engine imobilizer. Personally I always carry my spare remote with me at all times. Remember, the point behind superlocking is to render the usual non damaging methods of illicit entry impossible.