National Speed Limits - scot113
Can anyone explain how these are applied to our roads for vehicles larger than cars/vans?

On my daily commute I am amazed by the number of lorries, buses, 7.5 ton and greater trucks etc who happily drive at 60mph plus on single carriageway and whatever they feel on dual carriageway. No motorways in my area! I was led to believe lorries(with load) had a 40 mph limit, buses and anything around 7.5 ton was 50 and then 50 and 60 respectively on dual/motorway?

Maybe I'm wrong maybe the rules have changed to those in the Highway code.

Or is it that speed cameras detect something moving at a certain trigger point regardless of size/type meaning that they can drive at car limits without fear of being caught.

Can anyone explain?
National Speed Limits - stunorthants26
Can anyone explain how these are applied to our roads for vehicles larger than cars/vans?
Can anyone explain?

Yes, the limits are ignored. Same as with car drivers. Cant tell you if the cameras can identify vehicle size though, I would doubt it unless it uses number plate recognition tech.
National Speed Limits - Steve Pearce
GATSOs can tell the difference between a car and a van/lorry, the radar return is much higher with the latter. I've heard of many instances where drivers of vans/lorries are suprised when they get a NIP for exceeded in the lower limit for the type of vehicle they are driving.