Vauxhall Frontera Heat shield rattle - Aocal
Hi all,

The head gasket went on the wifes 1998 Frontera a little while back. When the garage fixed the head they sheared a bolt off the heat shield (the heat shield which covers the manifold I think - to the right of the engine when looking in).

This now rattles all the time and drives me crazy when driving it! Vauxhall dealership told me this can be taken off and was removed in the future models built after this one. I took it off, lost the rattle but when I lifted the bonnet I got a bit worried everthing was getting a bit too hot so put it back on. Does anyone know if it's safe to remove this heat shield?

(I don't trust main dealers!!)

Thanks all.
Vauxhall Frontera Heat shield rattle - SDavis
Can't you take it back to the garage and get them to drill the sheared bolt out, tap the hole and put a new one in? Problem solved!
Vauxhall Frontera Heat shield rattle - Aocal
Funnily enough it went to vauxhall about a week after for a seperate problem with the alarm, the garage did the usual vehicle checks and noticed this bolt was sheared and suggested I remove it as this shield isn't necessary.

The garage that actually did the head weren't interested in fixing the sheared bolt, told me to go away and stop being pedantic!! It's not them who has to listen to it all weekend!!!