Peugeot 306 - Leaking Injection Pump - jim234
** 306 Mardi Gras, Diesel, 1994, 1905cc, 118k mi **

I have a leaking Lucas Injection pump.
I first noticed it when I smelt diesel oil on a hot engine after I turned the engine off to get out of the car.
What happens is as follows : as I start the engine looking at image
picasaweb.google.com/kessack/306LucasLeakingIp/pho...4
the oil wells up somewhere above point "A"
Then flows downwards towards point "B" and starts dripping off the engine.
I tried to tighten "C" but things got only slightly worse so I thought I'd better ask before moving forward.
"D" is hex and too large diameter for any socket I have currently.
Help appreciated.
Jim

p.s. top view showing "D" larger hex and "C" smaller hex
picasaweb.google.com/kessack/306LucasLeakingIp/pho...6

Also IP has the following info on it
LUCAS
TYPE XUD.101 DCC R844 8B9526
CODE
SERIE No 206854 DMF
Peugeot 306 - Leaking Injection Pump - Number_Cruncher
Check the seal, and check for wear and looseness around the spindle where the accelerator cable connects. If this is the source, it's best to fit a new lid to the injector pump.

Number_Cruncher
Peugeot 306 - Leaking Injection Pump - jim234
Just turned the engine on from cold.
Discovered the fuel is leaking out of "D" in the linked images as shown.
If I tighten this slightly with a hex will this fix it or is there an asbestos/copper gasket there ?
Thanks & regards
Peugeot 306 - Leaking Injection Pump - RichardW
D is the stop solenoid. I imagine it will have some sort of sealing washer under it (copper probably). Is it actually leaking from under the solenoid, or through the solenoid? If under the solenoid, then removing and refitting with new washer or PTFE tape may cure it; if leaking through the solenoid, then new one required.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Peugeot 306 - Leaking Injection Pump - Number_Cruncher
>>or PTFE tape may cure it

I would probably not be bold enough to use PTFE on an injector pump fitting - where will the bits of PTFE that get cut by the thread action end up?

Number_Cruncher
Peugeot 306 - Leaking Injection Pump - astralpilot
I have had this twice on the Lucas pumps, The leak comes from where the Green plastic portion meets the metal portion on the valve the valve you can slow it down slightly by tightening the crimped metal area by lightly taping with a chisel or screwdriver but ultimitely it requires a new valve, and they seem to be common to all lucas pumps.

//Chris
Peugeot 306 - Leaking Injection Pump - GregSwain
Go to a good motor factor - a new stop solenoid should be under £20 (recently bought one for a similar Lucas pump and it cost £13!). The sealing washer will probably be rubber, but it doesn't matter as it's obviously leaking from further up the solenoid. easy to fit as well - simply disconnect wires, unscrew, and replace. Watch out for the plunger dropping out though!