Windscreen obscured - not just tax disc - Dulwich Estate
The other thread about the position of the tax disc has reminded me to air my particular windscreen gripe. My Audi windscreen was cracked and so I needed a new one. In one way this pleased me because I had always been slightly irritated about the glass maker's name bonded into the screen about 3 inches from the bottom on the right of the screen together with some symbol or other bonded in about 4 inches from the top and 2 inches in from the right. So I hoped I'd get something better.

That small higher one had me forever wondering where that low-flying aircraft had gone just after I'd seen it out of the corner of my eye.

Grrrrr....

The new windscreen has the same two obstructions and maybe even a little bigger this time. It must be the UK's way of getting the wrong end of manufacturer's cost cutting. We don't get RHD screens.

On LHD cars the symbols would be a long way away from the driver's usual line of sight and one of them at least covered by a tax disc or similar.

Another reason to buy Japanese?

Windscreen obscured - not just tax disc - Chris S
Around here people driver around with A4-size 'For Sale' signs on their windscreens!
Windscreen obscured - not just tax disc - Frogeye
What. Audi A4 sized signs, that would cause an obstruction!!
Windscreen obscured - not just tax disc - normd2
another reason:

RHD cars with LHD windscreen wipers (if you know what I mean..)
Windscreen obscured - not just tax disc - daveyjp
Like the rear one on our Aygo - useless.

Being an Audi driver I also have 'the aeroplane' but it only seems to bother my wife who asked if my new A3 had an 'aeroplane' too!
Windscreen obscured - not just tax disc - Garethj
Just stick a sat nav over it, right in your field of view.

That's what lots of others seem to do....
Windscreen obscured - not just tax disc - Dulwich Estate
Thanks for the tip Garethj. Trouble is there's no room with all those little dolls and the football scarf I've spread across the dashboard. At least the hanging fluffy dice and air freshener hanging from the mirror stop all those nasty reflections of the gold tissue box on the back parcel shelf.

PS Q. When was the last time you put parcels on that shelf?

A. Same time I put my gloves in the glove compartment.