Fuel Contamination - Confused of
After years of reading, my first post ( sorry about the length ). I recently visited France and half way through my trip my three month old 2.5 CRTD 4 x 4 started missing, only perceptable in second gear. It wasn't too detrimental to driving solo or even when the Caravan was attached, so no remedy was sought until I returned to Blighty. Expecting the problem to be covered under warranty I booked in with the dealer only to be dissapointed when I was informed that the problem was due to Petrol contaminating the Diesel prompting the fuel system to be drained, cleaned and filters replaced. I am 100% certain that Petrol was not used by mistake so the only cause of this contamination could have been at a filling station with some petrol contamination within a deisel pump. Would anyone put my mind at rest and confirm the symptoms for this problem are correct as I feel uneasy, and that this sort of contamination can occur ?
Fuel Contamination - scrapmetal
Had a friend who did the same thing, he said something about all the pumps in france being the same colour, black i think, dont know if this is true however but could see how the mistake could be easily made if this is the case.
Fuel Contamination - Altea Ego
There is a chance, a good chance, that there was NO contamination, and the dealer is using as an excuse to charge you. Ask them to see the chemical analysis, or the proff. I bet the answer will be ..derrrrrrr...errrrrrrrrrr..its because we say it is.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Fuel Contamination - Aprilia
I am sceptical. A small amount of missing, only perceptable in 2nd gear does not sound like water contamination to me.
Fuel Contamination - oilrag
Wouldnt the `water in fuel filter ` light have come on?
Fuel Contamination - Mapmaker
Errrrr, wasn't it PETROL in DIESEL? ;)
Fuel Contamination - gmac
If it was petrol in diesel in a diesel engine it would be a bit more than "perceptable in 2nd gear".
Fuel Contamination - oilrag
My mind had switched to water.........Sorry:)
Fuel Contamination - Confused of
Thanks for the replies, I forgot to mention that after the drain down etc, they said if the missing persisted after running for 100 miles or so it could mean a change of an injector. The missing persists, should it have ?