New Fiesta 1.3 - ziggy
Hired this recently in Germany, brand new car. Felt like no power steering, which was a blessing because it really goes where you point it. Perky in town, even though the engine was not run in. On the Autobahn, a 6th gear wouldn't have gone a miss. In comparison the new Opel Corsa feels bigger, more confort, but much more gutless with the 1.2 engine. Also with the Fiesta I liked the non-colour coded, non-electric mirrors. Didn't like the relatively hefty shove required on the brakes, but even that was a source of nostalgia. Think of it as like a new mobile phone, which is designed to allow you to make phone calls, rather than a million other features you can never hope to understand or use.

No idea how many horses are put out by the 1.3Endura, but I would wager it is better than the new Ford engines are using to replace it.
New Fiesta 1.3 - Vansboy
Fiesta has been an also ran, contender, for some time now, within the supermini market.

It is going to take the all comers on, with the next generation - they intend it to be a TRUE world car.

Not unlike Mondeo was intended, when it was introduced.

We'll see!

VB
New Fiesta 1.3 - tyro
I thought that the 1.3 engine had gone several years ago, and it was now either 1.25 or 1.4.

And surely all new cars have power steering now?
New Fiesta 1.3 - Blue {P}
Certainly in the UK the 1.3 Endura is no more in the Fiesta, just 1.25, 1.4 and 1.6 Duratec, plus the 2.0 of course in the ST, and the 1.4 and 1.6 TDCi models.

Blue
New Fiesta 1.3 - DavidHM
In Deutschland hat man die Wahl unter zwei 1,3-Liter-Versionen und es ist der 1,2-Liter-Motor der nicht erhaeltlich ist.

Stattdessen gibt es den alten Motor mit 60 oder 70PS und alle beiden heissen Duratec und mit dem 70-PS-Motor sind sogar vier Ausstattungsvariante erhaeltlich.

Die groesseren Motoren sind aber genau so in Deutschland wie hierzulande.
New Fiesta 1.3 - DavidHM
Uebrigens ist Servolenkung in allen Ausstattungsvarianten des aktuellen Fiesta serienmaessig.
New Fiesta 1.3 - Pugugly {P}
oh and

By the way power steering is standard in all equipment variants of the current Fiesta
New Fiesta 1.3 - ziggy
oh and
By the way power steering is standard in all equipment variants of the current Fiesta

I would expect so, I only say it didn't feel like it - and felt a lot more kartish because of it.
On the hire car documents the Fiesta was listed as a 1.3.

In 15 years time the Fiesta will have morphed into what we now call a Mondeo, and motoring journalist will be enthralled by how much better it is than the old one. What a great packaging job, and feels so much more mature... well it should it weighs 2 tonnes..!

This is progress of sorts, I guess. The economy grows, people get richer, expectations change and rise. But its also a kind of cheating by the manufacturers - anyone can make a car bigger and plusher..

New Fiesta 1.3 - DP
I would expect so I only say it didn't feel like it - and felt
a lot more kartish because of it.

Ford are one of the few mass manufacturers who can do power steering properly, and the Fiesta's is particularly good. They seem to comprehend that fingertip lightness isn't required once on the move, and that total isolation from the road is an unwelcome feature.

Peugeot used to be even better at it, but those days are long gone.

Cheers
DP
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
97 Ford Fiesta 1.4 16v Chicane (for sale)
According to Babelfish.

In Germany one does not have the choice under two 1,3-Liter-Versionen and it is the 1,2-Liter-Motor that is available. Instead there gives the old engine with 60 or 70PS and all two hot Duratec and with the 70-PS-Motor even four to equipment variant available. The larger engines are however exactly the same in Germany like in this country
New Fiesta 1.3 - Avant
I'd never heard of Babelfish - thank you. It could come in useful if one hasn't got time to look up words in a dictionary. That translation from the German is quite delightful!

Keeping it motoring related, if you like useless information as I do - the German for Triumph Acclaim is Sieg Heil.
New Fiesta 1.3 - mss1tw
Yes OK fun over lets get back on topic and in English.
New Fiesta 1.3 - jc2
1.3 ROCAM???;as in KA .
New Fiesta 1.3 - jc2
The Endura 1.3 was 60hp(50hp optional in Germany and Austria to go down a tax/insurance class-different EEC-IV module).The new 1.3(OHC with chain cam & hydraulic tappets is 70hp).