Pain in the neck
I currently drive a petrol 2007 MINI Cooper. Now, due to ligament problems with my neck that cannot be resolved, I find the ride extremely uncomfortable. Overall the performance and fuel economy is excellent which I would like to keep in any new purchase. I would appreciate your suggestions. My budget will be £9k plus trade in.

Asked on 27 February 2010 by R.H., via e-mail

Depending on what wheels and tyres it's on you might solve your problem simply by changing them. MINIs are hardest on 17" wheels with ‘sports’ suspension, less hard on 16" and least hard on 15" because smaller wheels mean more rubber between rim and road for the same rolling circumference. A lot cheaper than changing a car you otherwise like.