What will this little lot cost? - chris
Hi,

How much roughly do you think the following would cost on a 528i bmw?

repair of rust to rear spoiler (small amount)

Service interval 2 by BMW

New rear brakes
Re: What will this little lot cost? - ben
1 grand or more depending on what gets picked up in the service and the extent of the rust.
Re: What will this little lot cost? - chris
really? jeez...thats quite heavy - the rust is not serious, its only minor on the spoiler, the brakes are due for replacement too
Re: What will this little lot cost? - ian (cape town)
what part of the brakes?
the disks and pads - i dunno what else they usually do when it comes to changing it all at a service

oh yea, what do u reckon a service will cost? (number 2)
Re: What will this little lot cost? - steve
why dont you ask the dealer? there are fixed prices for servicing - and brakes usually.
Re: What will this little lot cost? - Pat
Chris,

Are you also the owner of the 328i, the subject of a recent threadabout its value?

Pat
Re: What will this little lot cost? - Guy Lacey aka Golf Geek
Ummm, isn't the rear spoiler made of some sort of thermoplastic concoction? Surely this wouldn't rust or am I being stoopid?
Hi,

Yea, we have the 328i. But have spotted a 528i for sale - its a 1998 S reg which seems quite good value but the rusting was worrying and it needs a lot doing to it i think - will avoid i think
Re: What will this little lot cost? - John S
Chris

Inspection 2 is the big one - about £330/350

Rust - you need a quote; no-one can guess over the net, but like Guy Lacey, I'd have thought the spoiler would have been plastic.

Brakes - Rear brakes and pads are about £75 from German and Swedish - probably more from the dealer.

But, frankly, why don't you just pick up the phone and ring the dealer - they'll be able to quote for straightforward items from a price list.

Regards

John