Daewoo nubira 2.0 Timing belt - horatio
The rediculous design of this car has an engine mounting right in the middle of the timing belt loop.

Now the car has had the TB snap and I'm thinking I will just put a new belt on and see if it starts. If it has problems internally these will become apparent very quiickly, and I know that starting it could make things worse, but tbh if it has internal damage then it will be getting scrapped anyway so it's no big deal. If it works then we'll be happy.

Can anyone tell me any pointers about the process of fitting the new TB and what I should do regarding the engine mount, is it just a case of suppporting the engine, removing the mount and fitting the new belt?

Thanks very much
Daewoo nubira 2.0 Timing belt - bell boy
I can tell you its classed as an interferance fit engine which means you are highly unlikely to get away with just a belt
scrap it before you spend any more money
dont forget your destruction certificate (v913 ) from your designated end of life station
Daewoo nubira 2.0 Timing belt - horatio
Ok thanks for your reply, you're probably right.

But I had a go anyway (the tb was only £14).

So, the timing marks, crankshaft timing mark is straight forward, but the cam sprockets each had two marks, 'inlet' and 'exhaust'. two of them had been "tip ex" marked they were different, i.e one was marked on the inlet and the other was marked on the exhaust mark.

I set up the car with the tip ex marks at the top. I can't remember which was which but can I ask you if the Inlet side of the engine (the fuel rail side) should that sprocket be aligned to "Inlet" ? Because that would be logical. And conversly the exhaust side of the engine should be lined up to the exhaust mark?

The car didn't start. I had the exhaust sprocket one tooth out from where it should have been, would this make a lot of difference? Or if it was going to start would it just have run a little bit spluttery?

I'm going to do a compression test on it tomorrow. and I might align up the exhaust sprocket properly. But I think it is knackered.

If you know about the timing marks please let me know cheers.