Key cards for Renaults - DrS
Have just bought a Renault Laguna Estate, with credit card ignition key - thing.
Just the one.
I would feel safer if I had a spare, but am almost afraid to ask the price.
Does anyone have experience of this?
Is it possible to get them anywhere other than at Renault?
Thanks,
DrS
Key cards for Renaults - BobbyG
Was speaking to an auto electrician the other day and he was telling me that Renaults are the worst cars he has ever worked on for electrics.

eg. 98 Scenic drivers side electric window is controlled via a box under the dash that also is linked to the central locking ecu etc so that only a Renault dealer can actually fix it.

He said that he had the hard and software to program most manufacturers keys but the only one he could not do is Renault and these must be done at dealer.

Time to give them a call!!
Key cards for Renaults - The Melting Snowman
I believe the card has to be programmed by Renault to prevent fraud. I read somewhere that Renault France send a code to the UK dealer that has to be used to initialise the card within 30 mins. I can't remember where I read it and am prepared to be corrected on this.

All the problems I've had with mine have been electrical and they spoil an otherwise fine car. To be fair Renault have been excellent at fixing things, even out of warranty.
Key cards for Renaults - Round The Bend
Surely your Laguna should have been supplied with a spare. Our Grand Scenic was. Suggest you go back to the dealer (did you buy from a dealer?) and ask for it.
Key cards for Renaults - Craig_1969
You can buy a blank key off ebay, and your Reno dealer should be able to program it for you, dont buy a used one they have to be blank to be programmed.