Mk III Mondeo Sony 6006 aux input - nickt
I have recently bought a Ford Mondeo 03 facelift TDCi estate and found an aux input in the glove box. I wanted to connect an MP3 player to it but when I press the CD/Aux button on the Sony 6CD changer unit fitted, it just goes to CD output or if there are no CD's in it it just says "No CD".
Does anyone else have this problem and do you know how to enable the Aux facility?

Thanks. Nick T
Mk III Mondeo Sony 6006 aux input - rtj70
It does work but has not been enabled. And nothing in the documentation to say how - mine was the same. But if they fitted the aux socket it had to work somehow.

I think I pressed the menu button and held it in for a few seconds before the radio did something. Then scrolling about I found a setting to enable aux-in. Now when I press the CD/AUX button it cycles between the two settings.

This is one feature they have underplayed IMHO. I've had this since October 2003 and so will many others. But it was only spotting the grey plastic AUX socket that made me look closer. No mention anywhere.
Mk III Mondeo Sony 6006 aux input - kithmo
Maybe it's not connected to the Sony unit. Mine's got a 6000CD (single CD) unit in which has separate buttons for Aux and CD so I can't say for sure but have you tried repeatedly pressing the Aux/CD button, "AUX" should apperar on the display.
I have exactly the same stereo with the connector. The CD/AUX button would not select AUX when the car was delivered in 2003. Going into the other menu allowed me to enable it. I did not change other settings. I'll go and check what you need to do in order to access the menu to enable it.
Okay to enable AUX connection what I did was as follows:

- Press and hold the MENU button until "VID" displayed. It then scrolls some sort of serial number. Ignore this.
- Press the "v" down button under the volume control.
- AUX Off will be displayed. Scroll left and it changed to AUX On
- Hit MENU again (don't think you had to "save settings").

Now if you press CD/AUX it cycles between CD and AUX. Hope this helped. Goodness knows why it was not enabled by default as they wired a 3.5mm jack socket in the glovebox!
Mk III Mondeo Sony 6006 aux input - nickt
Thanks mate, that worked a treat! Appreciate the reply to my problem.

Nick.
Mk III Mondeo Sony 6006 aux input - jc2
It is not enabled because most people don't use that input and,in fact,don't know they have that option.
Both the socket and AUX on/off are in the Audio h/book in the car.
"Both the socket and AUX on/off are in the Audio h/book in the car."

Not in the handbook for my car which is an '03 model. Maybe they documented this later?
Mk III Mondeo Sony 6006 aux input - Lorenzo
You are correct - the hardware seems a bit ahead of the documentation! I have a late '53 04 model TDCI with the 6006 unit. Nothing in my handbooks at all about this option. I found the socket, then went twiddling all the knobs until I'd enabled it. It do find it a bit insensitive though, which means you end up turning the volume up. All OK until switch back to radio, when it's suddenly ALL A BIT TOO LOUD

Laurence
If you use this AUX socket with an IPOD then the IPOD itself is partly to blame. In Europe it's volume is much reduced I believe.

What I do for my MP3 tracks when importing to iTunes is to change the gain to max for a all tracks. Then when played on an iPOD you do not need to volume up so high. But still you typically need to have the iPOD on full and the stereo a little louder than normal.
It's certainly in the current audio manual.