1992 Clio 1.4 auto - no heat - markengland
We have a K-reg 1.4 Clio RT automatic at work as a general runabout, with about 70k on the clock. Since we've had it, the heaters have never blown out warm air, only cold. The temperature gauge rises as it should when the engine warms up but no heat comes out the vents. Any ideas, and if so, is it an easy fix? Many thanks as usual. Mark.
1992 Clio 1.4 auto - no heat - injection doc
check water level first, does the hot/cold control knob feel like its connected to anything incase the control cable has come adrift & when you turn the knob its not operating the control valve. I have had quite a number of heater rads block up on clio's after they have had rad weld/or equivelent put in the cooling system to stop leaks. To check this you need to disconnect heater hose and put a hose pipe down the heater to see if you have good flow through. don't forget to bleed cooling system afterwards
1992 Clio 1.4 auto - no heat - injection doc
I am assuming that the blower is working on all speeds? most common for the resistor pack/connector plug to burn out
1992 Clio 1.4 auto - no heat - markengland
Hi

Blower is working on all speeds but will check the rad as injection doc suggests. Many thanks.
1992 Clio 1.4 auto - no heat - mrnikko
I have a M reg Clio 1.4 RT that has suffered the same problem and a new heater matrix solved the problem. The heater matrix its self is about 45 quid but its a dash off job to fix it. It cost me just over £300 at my local non franchised dealer to have the work done and I know its alot for an old car but I took the view that the clio has a good 5 years left in it before it may die so i was happy to pay up.
We took thye route of flushing the rad, back flushing the whole cooling system and changing the thermostat but non of made a substancial improvement before the heater matrix was replaced.
Hope this helps
Mr Nikko
1992 Clio 1.4 auto - no heat - mjm
You can just get a hand up the drivers side of the dash/centre consol and feel the side of the heater matrix. If it is hot then circulation problems can be eliminated.