new exhaust - still noisy - Richie_green
Hello

We have a 2000 Peugeot 206 and have recently (6 weeks ago) had a new exhaust fitted. Is it normal for it to sound a little 'loud' still from the rear end? it doesnt sound like it has a hole or anything - not sure if its because it is new and the silencer isnt bed in yet.

Thanks

RG
new exhaust - still noisy - No FM2R
Cheaper exhauts may be made of cheaper (thinner) metal resulting in increased noise. To some extent the build up of carbon over time shoud alleviate this.
new exhaust - still noisy - mike hannon
When I had the Accord system replaced a couple of years ago it sounded as though it was blowing slightly now and again. When I took it back the fitter took me underneath and pointed out the drain hole in the back box. Sure enough, that was what I could hear.
new exhaust - still noisy - jc2
When a new exhaust is made,the filling in the mufflers(usually basalt) is put in the mufflers in plastic bags-to protect the assemblers.It needs a certain amount of heat to melt these bags.
new exhaust - still noisy - borasport20
I doubt that it is basalt - not petrologically speaking, any way, as basalt only starts to melt at 1000 degrees or above
--
Go on, get out of the car...
www.mikes-walks.co.uk
new exhaust - still noisy - jc2
The basalt is filling-not the bags!!!
new exhaust - still noisy - milkyjoe
in my experiance new exausts usually quiten down after they have sooted up a bit
new exhaust - still noisy - L'escargot
Hello
We have a 2000 Peugeot 206 and have recently (6 weeks
ago) had a new exhaust fitted.

Is it a genuine replacement or a copy? I've found that copies are never as good as genuine exhausts.
--
L\'escargot.
new exhaust - still noisy - billy25
Had a Stainless system fitted 2yrs ago, when i went to pick car up, i thought they hadn't touched it! - till i saw the twin pipes pokjing out the back, a couple of days after i got it home, i decided it was still far too loud for our quiet little town, as old ladies would faint as you passed them, so stuffed a load of coarse wire-wool up its tail pipes with a stick, worked wonders! - try it!.
billy