good dealer service! - barney100
I found some little rust spots in various places on my 7 year old Mercedes 220. I contacted a local main dealer who asked to see the car and the service record...up to date... they inspected the car and it seems the whole lot will be done under warranty. I am really impressed.
good dealer service! - rover 75
I am unimpressed that your overpriced 7 year old car has become rusty .
good dealer service! - Aprilia
You need to get a look underneath and see if there is any chassis rust.
good dealer service! - barney100
I am unimpressed that your overpriced 7 year old car has become rusty .

I am impressed you know how much I paid.
good dealer service! - No FM2R
>>I am unimpressed that your overpriced 7 year old car has become rusty .

Your bitterness over owning a Rover rather than a Merc is showing through. You'd have to pay quite a lot of money to over pay for a Merc, whereas I guess about £5 will have the same effect with a Rover.
good dealer service! - Falkirk Bairn
It is ironic that you paid 2x or 3x the price of a "lesser brand" and ended up with a rust bucket.

Admittedly they are fixing the problems for you but the fact is they should not have been there in the first place.

Vote with your feet and walk.........it is the only lesson that the MB Bean Counters understand.

I did in 1998 when several large MB Repair bills came way and the car was less than 4 yrs old.(C220)
good dealer service! - Aprilia
barney100

You need to get in writing from the dealer what they will actually do, and confirming that it is under warranty (no cost to you).

I have had several dealings with Mercedes regarding the rust problem. You have to realise that, if he thinks you have a good case, then the dealer acts as an 'advocate' on your belhalf with MB UK. MB UK then consider the claim (using photos and documentary evidence, if appropriate) and if they are satisfied it should be paid out they pay the dealer to do the work. It is possible for the dealer to think you have a strong case, but for MBUK to turn down the claim.
good dealer service! - Collos25
Lift all the door seals ,look at the engine cross member ,gearbox mounting struts ,inside the doors,rear diff mounting strutts these are all potential known MB rust points in the case of the gearbox it can be very serious.You also need to know what they are actually going to do it is normal in Germany for them to be really bottom for the want of a better word and do a complete full multicoat respray and give a full warranty on the work,don't forget MB give a 30 year rust gaurantee.