Exhaust Fixing method. - Dave
I have a pin hole in my bike exhaust.

There's no way to clamp or wrap tape or a wrap a metal sleeve around it.

However there is a suprising amount of good metal round the pinhole.

I feel that if I painted something strong and sticky over it with a brush the whole lot would hold up for years.

Is such a product on the market? Is there some kind of heat proof glue I could use to seal it?

A new system is 480 quid. I've budgeted for it but I'd like to get a few more months out of this one.

For instance anyone tried applying chemical metal in this way?
Re: glues/chemicals wont work - jack
The methods you suggest would probably only last a week or two at most.

The only long term patch is to get it welded.
Re: glues/chemicals wont work - Dave
I see. If that's the general opinion I'll dip my hand into my pocket. I've been aching for a new can anyway.
Re: glues/chemicals wont work - David W
Dave,

If it really is a pin-hole why not use a self-tapping bolt.

Willing to spend as much on an exhaust for the bike as the whole budget for a car??

David
"If it really is a pin-hole why not use a self-tapping bolt."

Hmm. It is pin hole but I might have exagerated just how good the metal was round the hole!

"Willing to spend as much on an exhaust for the bike as the whole budget for a car??"

Yep ...and I'll hand over the readies with a smile on my face!

Spending cash on a car is like buying the haggard wife a new mop. Spending cash on the bike is like buying the sultry mistress clear diamonds that sparkle like her eyes.
Re: glues/chemicals wont work - crazed
try the gunk you get with a car exhaust bandage ? maybe a small one inch plate put on top held in with self tappers ?
Re: glues/chemicals wont work - Alfred
Used to use 'Gun Gum' a thick paste that hardened after a couple of hours. you just pressed it into the hole.
Re: glues/chemicals wont work - Brian
How much would a small welding set cost and how easy are they to learn to use?
Re: glues/chemicals wont work - PMason
How about a small plate covered with 'Gun Gum'or Fire Cement (used to repair stoves, etc) pop-riveted over the hole?
P.
Re: glues/chemicals wont work - J Bonington Jagworth
If it's on the can, there shouldn't be much pressure behind it. Assuming it's not too close to the hot end, try a bit of aluminium tape - you've nothing to lose!
I thought that. But I stood in front of Halfords tapes/gums/pastes for about 30 mins last night and I just couldn't see how any would be sticky enough or this application.

I've hunted around and found a 300 quid inc VAT SS & Chrome exhaust system.

I fully intend to keep this machine 'till one of us becomes OBSOLETE so it's cash well spent.
Re: glues/chemicals wont work - Dave Lacey aka Dr Dave
It's not a water drain hole is it?

As found on the bottom edge of some bike exhausts...

Weld it or replace it.