Insurance renewal - Corrib12
Just to ask if anyone has had a similar experience. I called to renew my policy with a well-known company and on two separate occasions waited more than ten minutes with no answer to my call. In frustration, I went to an outfit best-known for its breakdown service and they got me a significantly cheaper quote with improved peripherals. I e-mailed my insurers, told them what had happened, and got a reply from a geeky type who said they had so much new business from their current advertising campaign they were afraid they were presently letting their valued customers down!! He was sorry for my trouble but said they planned to improve their service soon. Do these people have a death wish, or what?

couple of words removed from this, and a couple of postings further down - DD
Insurance renewal - psi
Insurance renewal - runboy
Ah, the old "victims of our own success" statement, so many times blurted out by squirming company bosses sat in the BBC Watchdog hotseat following X number of customer complaints about poor service.
Insurance renewal - local yokel
It's a generally accepted rule in business that it is far cheaper to keep an existing customer than it is to in a new one.