car blemish - tomandjerry56
was wondering if any one can help ive polished my car ie a white one and cant seem to get a nice shine on the paint work it seems a bit dull i tea cut the car about six months ago then polished it and polished again today
but still looks dull
was wondering if any one had any ideas cheers tom
car blemish - steveo3002
have a look on www.detailingworld.co.uk

or if you cant be bothered, t cut is rather harsh and outdated, something like autoglym super resin polish is a safer choice, then follow up with extra gloss protection
car blemish - yorkiebar
basically if the paint work of the car is flat/dull, then polish wont revive it, sounds like your case.

T cut or similar will revive paintwork, but then needs good and regular polish on it to protect it or it will dull again quickly (like yours?) and have to be repeated. Eventually doing this wears all the paint away though!
car blemish - bell boy
wants buffing with something like g3, corsa's are bad for going really flat in white.
car blemish - BobbyG
What kind of car? How old?
it is a vaux zafria x reg year 2000
car blemish - Dynamic Dave
it is a vaux zafria x reg year 2000

Quick question T & G. Why do you always refer to your Zafira as a 'zafria'? Only reason I ask is because of the few times I've edited it to the correct spelling over in Technical Matters, should anyone do a forum search for one. DD.
car blemish - BobbyG
Can't say i have ever seen a white Zafira! Have you owned it since new?
ive only seen a few white ones around since ive bought it over a year ago
perhaps they only made a certain amout of white ones
havent realy noticed but thanks for noting the mistake??
car blemish - bell boy
well dont buy a ferrari testarossa or we are all doomed then ;-)
car blemish - Avant
Or a Ford Capri.

Mind you, it's catching: DD has implied you are a Transport and General worker rather than T & J !
car blemish - Dynamic Dave
Mind you, it's catching: DD has implied you are a Transport and General worker rather than T & J !

D'oh!
car blemish - AR-CoolC
As Steve metioned earier in the thread, it's the T-cut that is causing the dullness of the paint.

There are now many many better products available, Autoglym is easily available, with on-line stores selling an even wider selection.
car blemish - BobbyG
Reason I asked how long you have had it, maybe with it being white then its earlier life might have been as police or some other use that may have resulted in it having graphics etc on the car? Which could in turn have taken away all the shine from the paintwork?