reassurance - alvin booth
Do others ever think that perhaps the think tanks are not wholy concerned whether all vehicles are taxed , insured, MOT certificated etc.
In these days of linked computers it seems such a simple matter of tying them in to each other to make it almost impossible to run a vehicle without one.
My suspicious mind makes me think its so easy to do that perhaps there is an hidden agenda insomuch as some minority groups would complain that they are being targetted. The pressure groups would have another battle to fight and so on.
Please reassure me that I am just being paranoid.
alvin
Re: reassurance - David W
Paranoid I think Alvin.

The Police have access to the Motor Insurance Database now ( that is right isn't it) so that's one more chance they have. Also the new computersied MOT system will give the bad boys a real headache soon.

David
Re: reassurance - Dwight Van Driver

Spot on D.W.

....and DVLC Agents are roaming the country on overt and covert checks in relation to the Excise Licence.

DVD
Re: reassurance - Ian Cook
And there's a new camera system being piloted that photographs number plates and links into a computer that checks whether they are taxed. The cameras will be located in, among other places, parked vans that can easily be relocated.

Ian
Re: reassurance - mike harvey
There must be a lot of people out there like me with trade insurance, ie non specific to a particular car. I for one would get hacked off if I kept being stopped because my insurance details did not tally with the reg number of the car I was in at the time. I do not mind the random checks along with the rest, but would not like it to be commonplace.
regards
Mike
Re: reassurance - Alwyn
Does one minority group begin wth a "g" and Tarmac drives?