Citroen Xantia 96 - Gearbox-ish? - Engr
While driving down the auto bahn the other day, i heard a wee bit of a noise from what i believe from the gear box ish...

I now find that i get some what of an engaging click or step (strange to describe) when i change at times from forward to reverse.

Help is it serious? Is it worth getting it fixed?

Regards
Citroen Xantia 96 - Gearbox-ish? - GregSwain
Describe the noise it made on the motorway - whining, grinding etc? Was it happening when you changed gear or was it constant?

The "click" between 1st and reverse is normal. My car's done it for as long as I can remember. As long as it's not too loud and you don't have any trouble selecting gears, I'd put it down to wear and tear.

To put your mind at rest you could get the gearbox oil level checked - if that's OK (which I imagine it will be) then I can't see that there's anything to worry about.
Citroen Xantia 96 - Gearbox-ish? - Engr
Thanks for the response... think i have it sorted now...raised the suspension and noticed the bolt from the engine mounting through the bush is missing, will go and get it sorted tomorrow, forgot to mention i was doing 135 on the clock when it went clunk........yee ha