CBF600 Temp gauge - Greg R
Hi

My sister has a Honda CBF600. As the weather is getting hotter, the gauge is going past the middle part, but not overheating.

Does anyone know if this is ok. Is this part of hornet type engines that run with high temperature, or should it be inspected.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Greg
CBF600 Temp gauge - SteVee
On my Yamaha, the major part of the gauge displays 'normal temperature' overheat is at the extreme end of the gauge.
If the coolant is close to the thermostat open temp, the gauge is about 1/3 up the scale - at the point the fan switches on the gause is about 3/4 up.

This means that the gauge moves around in this sort of weather, and it's just normal running.

If the fan is coming on and then turning off correctly on the hornet, then I wouldn't worry.
In this weather, it's the rider that's often overheating - need to keep moving !
CBF600 Temp gauge - SjB {P}
Exactly as my Hornet 600 temperature gauge has behaved since I purchased the bike new in 1998. Nowt to worry about.
CBF600 Temp gauge - DP
I agree with the others - as long as the fan cuts in and out and the temperature doesn't keep climbing, it's fine.

From memory, I think the Hornet has a protective grille/cover on the radiator. These can cause crud to get trapped in the rad fins. Might just be worth having a butchers when you get a spare few minutes to make sure the rad fins are clear. I had this problem on a GPZ500S once with a similar setup which was running its fan almost constantly in summer. A quick clean out with a hose and an old toothbrush and it was good as new.

Cheers
DP