Back Room Car of the Year - Xileno {P}
I know this has been done before but it's always a good bit of fun.

What would your vote be for? Only choose one and give reasons.

Mine is the Honda Civic. The styling is so cool and it's likely to be reliable.
Back Room Car of the Year - Pugugly {P}
C6
Sorry premature posting,

For being daringly different, in a price band that would frighten punters, for looking good and for not being a BMW or a Lexus.
Back Room Car of the Year - Tomo
This year or any year for several years past; Toyota Supra Mk IV. For horse power per pound sterling they are unbeatable.
Back Room Car of the Year - Altea Ego
I am in the Cit C6 camp. Its good to see citroen start to go wild again with a big car.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Back Room Car of the Year - Imagos
Not a new car but drove this for the first time this year though.

Astonished just how good it was. Nearest modern day car to the original Mini I driven. Just so much fun! So good it hurts..

The Fiat Panda.
Back Room Car of the Year - mare
Chrylser 300C in black with the Bentley grille.

Looks utterly stunning and well cool. And so cheap for the size and market.
Back Room Car of the Year - googolplex
Mondeo!
Sorry, but there's still nothing else out there I'd rather drive.
Splodgeface
Back Room Car of the Year - Stuartli
We're only just over five months into the year...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Back Room Car of the Year - Murphy The Cat
Chrylser 300C in black with the Bentley grille.
Looks utterly stunning and well cool. And so cheap for the
size and market.

Great suggestion Mare, I'm with you on this. Tints are the final touch IMHO.

May i suggest that the voting is closed now and that the Chrysler 300C is decalred the winner with 2 votes. I know that the Citrroen C6 has two votes as well, but Ch comes before Ci in the alphabet.

Besides which, those that have read my posts before will know what I drive.

tinyurl.com/qy8vc

MTC

Back Room Car of the Year - Citroënian {P}
MTC, you've miscounted! There's three votes for the C6. (see below)

I vote for the C6, simply beautiful in the metal - nicely in the tradition of the DS & CX of being big, luxurious yet curiously feminine.

(300C is very, very nice though! But has it been out for >1 year now?)

Lee -- There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1
MTC, you've miscounted! There's three votes for the C6. (see
below)
I vote for the C6, simply beautiful in the metal -
nicely in the tradition of the DS & CX of being
big, luxurious yet curiously feminine.
(300C is very, very nice though! But has it been
out for >1 year now?)

Sadly Citroenian, the voting had already been closed (by my rules) and the winner declared (by my rules)and just to recap the result.

The winner of the Honest John Back Room car of the year with two votes is a Black Chrysler 300C with a "Bentley" grill and tinted windows - in fact its mt car !!!!!!!!!

Have fun everyone, I'm off to Cornwall on holiday now.

MTC
Back Room Car of the Year - Big Bad Dave
>>>Have fun everyone, I'm off to Cornwall on holiday now>>>

I?d love to see your holiday snaps MTC.

"Here?s one of the Chrysler on Bodmin Moor, this is the Chrysler at Tintagel, here it is with the surfers on Fistral beach, here?s the Chrysler in a Cornish harbour - woops, the wife crept into that shot..."
I am convinced that MTC is either a Rapper, Drug Dealer or a pimp.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
I am convinced that MTC is either a Rapper, Drug Dealer
or a pimp.

Cat owning family man with a taste for Cornish Cream Teas and taking his toddler son on steam choo choos doesn't really fit in with that image though.

MTC
>>>Have fun everyone, I'm off to Cornwall on holiday now>>>
I?d love to see your holiday snaps MTC.
"Here?s one of the Chrysler on Bodmin Moor, this is the
Chrysler at Tintagel, here it is with the surfers on Fistral
beach, here?s the Chrysler in a Cornish harbour - woops, the
wife crept into that shot..."

Big Bad Dave

Thats just a plainly stupid post on your behalf, of course Mrs Cat would not get in a picture that involved Arnie !

now, back to my holidays - would you like to see a piccie of Arnie enjoying a Cornish Cream tea ? or perhaps one of him scoffing an ice cream made from Clotted Cream........

MTC
Back Room Car of the Year - Big Bad Dave
"would you like to see a piccie of Arnie enjoying a Cornish Cream tea ? or perhaps one of him scoffing an ice cream made from Clotted Cream..."

We?ve been waiting a week MTC, let?s have a butchers...
Back Room Car of the Year - grafen
Al Melling's Hellcat (when it arrives) because you just know it will have one hell of an engine...
Back Room Car of the Year - Galad
According to the latest JD Power/What Car customer satisfaction survey Lexus IS takes top spot with 86.8% with Jaguar (S-Type) creeping in at 9th place with 83.9%. The usual suspects are up there in the top 10 (Honda Jazz, Accord, Civic etc etc etc and Toyota (Yaris, Avensis, Corolla etc etc etc) with Skoda (Octavia) and Suzuki Liana (well done Top Gear for plugging the brand with Celebs at the wheel week after week) joining the illustrious high flyers.

At the relegation end of the league, however, are Citreon's Berlingo and C2, Kia's Rio, Daewoo's Kalos, Ford's Ka, LR's Disco, Fiat's Stilo (the Stilo is a Steal at £5.5k for 05 models with dealers), the Focus C Max (what's gone wrong here?), Pug's 307, all in that order and, holding up the entire pack is Ford's Galaxy (at 105th place). I hired one for a weekend but the central locking system took on a mind of its own and decided to open the windows (all of them) during the night leaving the car exposed to the elements and, of course, any thieves who happened to be at their work, and then the power steering failed on a bendy B road and, boy, did that improve the contours of my biceps .....

Is it cause for rejoice that Jaguar is the only Brit in the top 10 or should good ?ole Henry Ford really take the credit?
Back Room Car of the Year - NowWheels
C6 for the reasons that Pugugly and Lee gave: gorgeously feminine, utterly un-German, and because it's a reminder of what Citroens used to be about before the bean-counters wrecked them.
NW - You expressed my feelings so much better than I managed !
Back Room Car of the Year - Lud
A front runner for the number of highly emotional mentions: Renault Laguna (especially automatic).
Depends on the emotion though.
Obviously I meant any emotion...
Most people complain that the goona gives you no motion.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Most people complain that the goona gives you no motion.

I'm told that only applies to those who haven't fully grasped the finer points of getting out of the car before you try to "catch a bus". ;)
Hi there NW... you've been a bit quiet lately.

I seem to remember a little graunch... repairs all OK I trust?

I too am a Citroen person, although 'gorgeously feminine' is not an expression I would use about a car. Another lady on another thread referred to her Polo (er, well, er, not my favourite motor actually) as 'he' and 'him'.

Personally I always call cars 'it' although I do think I discern traits of gender and personality in them sometimes. Even so, the anthropomorphic thing can go too far.

I feel much the same about people who email you photos of their cats, dogs or other livestock, attributing thoughts or emotions to the beasts owing to some trick of the light. I don't mind animals, indeed I like them. It's people who get me down.
Hi there NW... you've been a bit quiet lately.

Hi Lud, yes, been rather busy on several fronts.
I seem to remember a little graunch... repairs all OK I
trust?

Yes, just a quick steering alignment job. Car has been great since then, and no more bumps (touch wood!). Have been meaning to post a progress report, and will try to do so some day soon.
I too am a Citroen person, although 'gorgeously feminine' is not
an expression I would use about a car. Another lady on
another thread referred to her Polo (er, well, er, not my
favourite motor actually) as 'he' and 'him'.

I too don't like calling cars by gender, though if they are particularly stubborn and unco-operative I will sometimes use a "he" when I cuss them.

My Almera has no name or gender: it is a soulless, functional metal box designed to serve unobtrusively rather than stir any emotions. I does that job very well: the pleasure I get from it is simply due to its ability to give me fuss-free mobility.

But what I meant by the reference to feminiinity was that some cars seem to have a somewhat aggressive appearance, making a sort of visual statement of I'm-muscular-and-powerful so get-outta-my-way. To my eyes, a car like a blinged-up Range Rover Sport just oozes tosterone, but a series 3 Jaguar XJ or (even better) a Citroen CX seems to make a more feminine statement along the lines of I'm not here to push you out of the way, but please note how stunningly beautiful and subtle I am.
Personally I always call cars 'it' although I do think I
discern traits of gender and personality in them sometimes. Even so,
the anthropomorphic thing can go too far.

Some cars don't seem to be mind being anthoroporphised ;)
I feel much the same about people who email you photos
of their cats, dogs or other livestock, attributing thoughts or emotions
to the beasts owing to some trick of the light.

My dog does his own emailing. Tho, to be honest, he does less of of that now that he has his own blog. (Seriously, he does. Mostly to recount the many woes of life with me).
Back Room Car of the Year - tyro
the Focus C Max (what's gone wrong here?)

For an answer, see

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=36...9
Back Room Car of the Year - Sunny22
300C...
Back Room Car of the Year - Citroënian {P}
>>300C

Sorry, but voting on the 300C has closed ;-)

Still reckon the C6 (and our C4 coupe) have a feminine look to them, or perhaps I mean non-agressive. The polar opposite to things like the Nissan "Beefcake 2000" Navara
Lee -- There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1
Back Room Car of the Year - PW
Going to be really boring and also go for the C6 as think it looks fabulous. Am finding the Picasso a very relaxing car to drive, so can't imagine what the C6 would be like!

Surprise car of the year for me so far is a Kia Cerato. Had the 1.5 CRDi as a hire car on holiday and is a brilliant little car (was either that or a 1.4 petrol Focus- so glad I chose the Kia). OK I did approach it with very low expectations, but build quality was very good (had only done 5,500 kms- but was a holiay hire car with no squeaks or rattles). Engine was very impressive- 171 lb ft torque and kept up with Dads V70 D5 (even with kids and pushchairs in boot) up and down Spanish mountain roads. And despite going out every day and doing a few hundred kms (no mile limit and return car empty) didn't need to put any fuel in it.

Only downsides- no height adjustment on drivers seat and boot is very small for class of car. Handling not the greatest, and steering a bit vague.
Back Room Car of the Year - commerdriver
Another vote for the C6 ws behind one on the A404 this morning great looks.
Back Room Car of the Year - local yokel
300C - saw one the other day which looked superb - am I the only one who thinks it looks like a Rover P5?
I hope someone is keeping track. Enjoyed TG's "test" on the C6 lst night, by the way TG is available as a download on the BBC website.
Back Room Car of the Year - cheddar
Re the C6 of the PSA range at least Citroens still have character where as the current Peugeots have nothing going for them, even the 407 Coupe has the corporate try-too-hard styling. IMO The last desirable Pug was the 406 Coupe.

The C6 seems like a great car and hits where the 607 misses however I vote for it as car of the year 2009, by then a top of the range mint 40k miler will be under 5 grand and under a third of the price of the equivalent 5 Series, A6 or E Class.
Back Room Car of the Year - Thommo
3 year old Volkswagen Phaeton 3.2 V6 petrol.

£20k for a minimal mileage VW approved car from a main dealer.

WHAT VALUE!