AA Vw transporters any good ? - Unusual Autos
Looking to buy Vw van for family days out and for my regular trips to B+Q!
Been looking at these Vw t4 transporter vans offered by the AA at auctions,they seem very clean and tidy but are they any good?
Had a T4 before i gather these have 102bhp and rear air assisted suspension etc
Anyone got one or run one ?
AA Vw transporters any good ? - tr7v8
Generally single driver per vehicle for the life of the vehicle so well looked after. Also well serviced, aside from the legal side also because it would be embarassing to have an AA wagon broken down. I think all the newer ones are leased whereas when I worked for the AA they used to own the vehicles. I believe all the AA ones are 5 pot (150BHP?) versions, they are certainly quick even with a big car nailed on the back!
AA Vw transporters any good ? - Vansboy
The few AA vehicles we've sold were no better maintained, than any other fleet.

You do need to consider though, the van WILL have been worked to maximum weight capacity, at all times, plus a good deal of towing, too.

Arguably, the towing won't be too weighty, or for great distances.

Beware the bad paintwork repairs, when body damage is more apparent, once the livery is removed - it's VERRRRY hard to match AAA yaellow!

As for the VW segment on their fleet, I do remember them only having minimal trials with the Transporter & placed a rather large order, more or less as soon as the first few were in service.

Seems they were happy with them.

VB