Withdrawal of LRP - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
I recieved this morning in the mail an unsolicited leaflet for a "fuel catalyst" device. It's headline was that LRP is to be withdrawn "across the UK by 31st November 2001 if not much sooner" News to me, has anybody else heard this news?
Re: Withdrawal of LRP - honest john
The charlatans who market these snake oil devices have now gone too far. They aren't allowed to advertise their lies. Now they are resorting to alarmist tactics. Find the trading Standards Office which covers the area this mailer was issued from and report it to them. With any luck, the TSOs will take the appropriate action.

HJ
Re: Withdrawal of LRP - Keith Barber
I found these messages by searching the site with this very question! - because around Southampton LRP has disappeared from Shell forecourts. So ... no plans in April 2001 but it started to disappear from this area at least during the autumn. What is going on?
Re: Withdrawal of LRP - Adam Going (Tune-Up Ltd)
I have spoken to Shell UK, Texaco UK, and BP, also to the AA and the RAC.
They know of no proposed withdrawal of LRP. I have an e-mail from the Dept. of the Environment, Transport & Regions stating "there are no government plans to legislate for the withdrawal of LRP. The supply is demand led - as long as enough people want it the petrol companies will supply it". HJ is right. Lies, damn lies, and sales !!