Stink in car - highwayone

I carried a couple of bags of horse manure in my car 2 weeks ago...I can still smell it !

I think one of the bags must of had a leak, it contained horse manure mixed with straw.

I've tried a shake N vac and an Airwick aerosol neutraliser to no avail.

Any recommendatios on removal ?
Stink in car - Armitage Shanks {p}
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=40791&...f

This may help - was re smell of spilled milk.
Stink in car - local yokel
Are you talking well-rotted manure, or fresh doo-doo?

Well rotted has no smell at all, usually. The real smell in thefresh stuff is the urine which gets into the bedding - almost pure ammonia.

Do you have a lawn? Leave a couple of open bags of grass clippings in the car over night - seems to absorb smell quite well.
Stink in car - highwayone
Hi,

It was pretty fresh !!
Stink in car - mrmender
You think you've got problemms... I once owned a Marina van who's previous owner had been a fish monger....
I seemed to travel everywhere alone!
Stink in car - local yokel
So is it the boot carpet that taken up some "liquid"? Needs to be taken out and given a good wash, and left in the open air!
Stink in car - Big Bird
Leaving grass in the boot is risky.

I took a load of bin bags of grass cuttings (admittedly already a day or two old) to the dump last spring, only to find it had just shut. Left it in the back overnight and went back next morning but the car stank (my daughter claimed it smelt of rotten fish).

Never got rid of the smell despite using all sorts (and I work for an air freshener/household cleaner manufacturer so had plenty of ammo).

Traded car in 2 months or so later. I'm more careful now.

Dan
Stink in car - Altea Ego
Fifi the faithful RF hound had a few weeks back found a particularly fetid and stinky pond to wallow about in, it was so bad the smell got into the waterproof boot liner and stank the car the high heaven. (it always has a gentle aroma of dribbling lab, but this was Bad)

A Neutradol freshener (sticky block with vent holes in it) was purchased form the Tesco Garage, and stuck in a random spot in the car

Two days later its perfect again.

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >