Toyota new factory - Andy Bairsto
Released sometime back in the euro press was the iminent opening of yet another toyota factory in Poland only this time it is to build peogeot,citroen, and deawoo along with its own models.A friend who is an car plant built consultant tells me that it will have the capacity to shut down their relevent plants in the Uk. It seems to me these days that everybody is rushing to build plants in Poland and the Czech republic with them being the next new members of the EU and also the buiding of new link motorways and railroads to connect to Germany and Austria to service them.There seems to be no shortage of infrastructure money something the UK should take heed off.I think if I worked for any car company in the UK I would be wary about taking out a 25 year mortgage.
Re: Toyota new factory - Pete
Notice this posting is from a gentleman living in Germany and there has been zero response or comment from anyone in UK. Need I say more ?
Re: Toyota new factory - THe Growler
With steel mill tycoons happy to bung New Labour money to help them get set up in E. European countries, I should think the car manufacturers might even get a helping hand from Tone.